A great way to find free eBooks in the format you want them in is to search for them on B-ok.cc. An even easier method is to do so right from Amazon with this free Chrome/Firefox extension.
The B-ok.cc Free eBook Finder tool lets you search the B-ok.cc website in seconds with just a click of a button. The book you’re viewing on Amazon will immediately run as a search on B-ok.cc so that you can download the book to your computer or phone.
Using this free eBook finder lets you read books from your desktop or in any program or eReader you want, without having to rely on Amazon’s Kindle app or Kindle devices.
This program is 100% free with zero ads, and works in the Chrome and Firefox browser.
Important: I do not take any responsibility for the books you choose to download from B-ok.cc. Read the notes at the bottom of this page for more detail.
How to Use the B-ok.cc eBook Extension
Firefox users can download the B-ok.cc extension here.
This extension isn’t hosted on the Chrome Web Store, so there are a few additional steps you have to take to start using it that you don’t normally have to take when installing a Chrome extension.
But don’t worry, they’re really easy:
- Download B-ok.cc Free eBook Finder. Use the download button next to the file in that folder to get the extension.
- Open the file from your computer to see the folder that’s inside.
- Open the Extract menu at the top of the window, and click Extract all.
- Choose a location for the extension files to be extracted to, and then click Extract.
- Open the folder you just chose to make sure they’re there. The folder is called B-ok.cc Free eBook Finder.
- In Chrome, open the menu button on the top right and then go to More tools > Extensions.
- Turn on Developer mode by clicking the button on the top right.
- With the new developer menu now showing, select Load unpacked on the left.
- Find the folder that you extracted the extension files to earlier. If there’s another folder in there, open that one, too, until you see a blank folder like this one:
- Choose Select Folder.
- That’s it! The B-ok.cc extension is installed and ready to be used.
How to Find Free Books on B-ok.cc Through Amazon
Now that you’ve gotten through the hard part, it’s time to use the extension to find some free book downloads.
- Visit Amazon to find the book.
- Click the eBook icon at the top right of Chrome or Firefox.
- Find the book from the list on B-ok.cc, and click it.
- Pick one of the available download formats to download your free eBook.
The purpose of this extension is to locate free and legal books in a format that’s more convenient for you than the one offered on Amazon’s website. Although this extension could be used to locate copyrighted material on B-ok.cc, that’s not its intended use. It’s your responsibility to avoid those downloads.
I do not take any responsibility for the books you choose to download on B-ok.cc. That website is completely separate from this extension and is not in any way affiliated with this extension.
While this extension is 100% free for you to install and use, I might be compensated for purchases that you make on Amazon while this extension is installed. Any compensations are made on behalf of Amazon and do not affect the price of the item you purchase, nor can I see what you purchase or how much you’re spending.