One easy way to get free money online is through Privacy.com. All you have to do is sign up, use the service at least once to order something, and then they’ll send you $5.
Note: We will receive compensation for you signing up, but you have to use the link above to get your free $5.
What Is Privacy.com?
This website is a free, virtual debit card service where you can create new debit card numbers on the fly for use online. They work just like your normal debit card but with some really awesome extra features.
For example, you can pause your debit card numbers at any time, or even totally cancel them on a whim. A different card can be made for all the different sites you shop at, and none of them will ever know your real debit card number because it’s safe with Privacy.com.
Here’s how it works:
- Add your bank account to your Privacy.com account.
- Create a virtual payment card that has no spending limit or you can set the limit on a per charge, per month, per year, or total basis. You can also make the card a “single-use” card so that after it’s used once, it dissolves and can no longer be used by anyone, even if they steal your card information.
- Buy something with your card without ever exposing your bank account information or your real debit card number.
Some other features worth noting is that its supports two-factor authentication, notifications for declines and transactions, runs from a mobile app for easy card creation on the go, lets you add more than one funding source, also works through a Chrome extension, and can mask transactions from your bank so that nobody outside Privacy.com knows where you’re shopping.
How to Get Your $5 From Privacy.com
Getting your free money from Privacy.com is surprisingly easy:
- Visit Privacy.com.
- Select Sign up for Privacy.
- Enter your email address and choose a secure password for your account. Also check the box that confirms that you’re a US resident and that you agree to the terms.
- Choose Get Started at the bottom to continue.
- Select Connect Funding Source, and then follow the on-screen steps to confirm who you are and what your banking information is.
- Once your account has been verified and you’re logged in and ready to make your first virtual card, select New Card.
Note: You won’t see all these cards like in this screenshot since you’re making your first card right now.
- Select No Nickname and name the card something recognizable. For example, if you’ll use this card to get a free trial of Hulu or to order something off of a weird website you’re unfamiliar with, name it Hulu or Temp or something along those lines.
- Select No Limit and then choose one of those options. Select Add Limit to save.
You can change the spending limits at any time even after you make the virtual card, so don’t get too hung up on that right now if you’re not sure what you’ll want to use this card for.
- Hit Create Card to make your first virtual debit card.
- Select the card number to immediately copy it to your clipboard. Now, you can paste the card anywhere you’re asked for a debit card, and the payment will process through your new virtual card instead of your bank or real debit card.
Remember: You have to use your card somewhere to get the free $5. You can use it anywhere you like, even if it’s not at the place you chose when you named the card in Step 6.
- After receiving your free money from Privacy.com, you can spend it by using any of your virtual cards. Money will come out of your free credit before your bank (i.e., if you purchase something for $15, you’ll have it reduced by $5 for signing up with our Privacy.com referral link, and then your bank will be charged $10).
You can check your Privacy.com credit at any time by logging into your account.