- Doesn’t require a user account, so you can start downloading torrents from your browser immediately
- Lets you stream media files or download them to your computer
- Accepts magnet links, hashes, and torrent files
- It’s 100% free
- Possibly unlimited file sizes (it’s unclear what the limits are)
- Share the torrent stream with anyone via a public link
- Adjust the download priority of one torrent over another
- Share/seed your own files without downloading a torrent program
- Pause and resume torrents as they’re being downloaded to βTorrent
How to Use βTorrent
Downloading torrents on Btorrent.xyz is super easy:
- Paste a magnet link, hash, or torrent file URL into the box provided. If you have an actual .torrent file on your computer (you can download torrent files here), use the OPEN TORRENT FILE button to select it.
Important: Not all torrents are safe to download. Some contain malware, which can cause lots of problems, like data theft, spying, and file corruption. Learn what to do before downloading torrents for some tips, including suggestions for anti-malware protection (IObit Malware Fighter Pro and Panda Dome Essential are great choices).
- Hit DOWNLOAD to start.
- Monitor the torrent’s overall progress and estimated finish time from the box at the top of the screen. The buttons below it let you pause or remove the torrent and share it with someone else.
If you want to stream something from your browser, load the torrent through the web link. You can’t pause it or view all the same stats as a download, but it does play in your browser. This is great if you plan on streaming music or movies.
There are lots of online torrent clients out there. Some of them are a lot like βTorrent, like Instant.io, but others are very different. Where one might make you log in to a user account and will restrict how many files you can download, another won’t have a free option but will let you store your files for viewing later.
See this online torrent client comparison table for some βTorrent alternatives. You’ll be able to pick out the features you want in an online torrent downloader to see if there’s one that you’ll like.