Chatting with strangers online is easy. There are lots of instant chat rooms and apps that are fully dedicated to letting users remain anonymous while facilitating chats between people all over the world.
Anonymous chat sites are all different. Some make you pick a username and gender, others just a gender, some a birth date, and a few are completely void of all questions for true anonymity.
Below are some of the best anonymous chat rooms where you can meet new people, find friends, and chat with people all over the world for free.
List of Anonymous Chat Rooms
- Chat42: Type a username and hit Start chat to be matched with someone else online. It’s built for one-on-one anonymous chats and supports images. There’s an app for Android and iOS.
- AlloTalk: Type any username or make an account, and join one of several anonymous chat rooms like Game Room, Adult Room, Dating Room, and others. Android users can use the app, too.
- Talk.chat: Chat rooms for 18+, several rooms to pick from (and you can create your own), requires a gender and random username. Mobile apps are available.
- Tohla: Two-person text chatting, no images or video, username and gender unnecessary.
- Sparkle Chat: Colorful anonymous chat rooms for sharing formatted text; you can join one of a dozen rooms; only requires a random username.
- Chat Avenue: Lots of chat rooms where all you have to enter is a username. Enter a college chat room, adult chat room, singles chat room, or one for dating, general chat, teens, kids, girls, video, music, boys, and lots more.
- StrangerMeetup: No username or gender required; just start typing in this anonymous chat room. You can also see how many people are online at any given time. Text only; no images, videos, or other files.
- E-Chat: Enter a username to get started. There are several chat rooms here for teens, “happy chat,” sex, LGBTQ+, depression, 21+, and other topics.