TALK.chat is a free, anonymous chat site. All it needs from you is a name and gender and the promise that you’re over 18.
You can use this chat site to send text chats to groups of people in rooms that cover specific topics like arts, business, society, sports, news, recreation, and others. You can even make your own chat rooms.
Unlike some chat rooms that allow private messages, everything you say on TALK.chat is visible to everyone else in the group.
You can use this chat site from your web browser or through their mobile app for iPhone and iPad. They’re both 100% free.
According to their safety guide, TALK.chat is one of the most anonymous chat websites around:
We don’t have user accounts, credit card upgrades. In fact the data that we store on the servers is exactly the data you see in the chat rooms.
- No account is necessary, so you can start chatting quickly.
- Lots of chat rooms to pick from.
- Make your own room if it’s not already available.
- Block users you don’t want to chat with.
- Most rooms have very off-topic discussions (e.g., adult chat in the sports room).
- Your username will expire after a week if you don’t keep using it.
- Only text is supported; you can’t share images, videos, or emoji.
- All chats are group chats, so you can’t private message specific users to have one-on-one conversations.
Other Chat Sites
See my list of other anonymous chat sites for some TALK.chat alternatives like Meet Skip and AlloTalk.
If you like to chat with other adults, there are adult-only chat sites like Chat Avenue, as well as teen chat rooms.